Intellectual property and trademarks
Unless otherwise stated, copyright or other relevant proprietary (including intellectual property) rights or similar rights in all material presented on this site - including graphical images - is either owned by The Common Purpose Charitable Trust (Common Purpose) or is licensed to us for reproduction on the site.
The names and logos of Common Purpose, Young Million and all trade names, service marks or trade marks of Common Purpose may not be used or copied without express prior consent.
Limited permission to copy
Without the prior written permission of Common Purpose no part of this site may be reproduced or transmitted to or stored in any other website, nor may any of its pages or part of it be disseminated, modified, transmitted, distributed, broadcast or published in any electronic or non-electronic form, nor included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service.
Linking from an external website
External websites may link to the home page of the Common Purpose website at provided the link is set up in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage or take advantage of the reputation of Common Purpose.
Links must not be established in a way that implies any form of association, approval or endorsement by Common Purpose of the activities or views of the external website or organisation where none exists.
Common Purpose is committed to website accessibility and this website has been developed with due regard for our obligations under the Disability Discrimination Act.
We are actively seeking feedback from site users about how we can ensure all our sevices, including the website, are more accessible. If you find something difficult to see or use, please contact the web team at email@example.com.
Tips to adjust the website for accessibility:
Change the size of the text
Change the text size on your browser (usually found in the View menu). If you're using a mouse with a scroll, you can also press Shift + scroll up to zoom in on the screen, or Shift + scroll down to zoom out.
Use keyboard shortcuts to navigate
You can use your keyboard to help you move around the page.
- Tab - highlights links on a page in the order in which they appear going down the page (press return to visit selected link)
- Shift + Tab - allows you to move backwards through links on a given page (press return to visit selected link)
- Page Up / Page Down - scrolls up and down the page
- Home - will take you back to the top of the page
- Alt + left arrow - will take you back a page
- Alt + right arrow - will take you forward to a page (if one has been previously visited)
In addition to the options above, Microsoft has a built in accessibility option called MouseKeys. When activated, MouseKeys allows you to navigate using the number keypad on your keyboard.
Use an alternative browser
The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) has compiled a list of alternative browsing options, including tools to have web content read out loud or converted to braille. Visit the W3C website for more details.
Your data and privacy
Any information you give to us including your email address whether by email or by filling in a form, may be used by Common Purpose for the effective administration of this site, to improve our services generally, for marketing and promotional purposes and to communicate with you.
Every time you receive a message from us, you'll have the option to decline to receive further information relating to the activities of Common Purpose.
Your details, by that we mean your name or any other information which will allow you to be identified, will not be given to anyone else unless either you give your express permission or it is necessary for us to do so in order to comply with the law or with police investigations.
That means, for example, that your email address will not be seen by any other user of the site except as stated on the site or with your express consent. However, you agree that we may disclose to third parties your postcode, gender and/or age, but only in the form of statistical information and not in any way that identifies you.
If you send in your story or opinion, we may publish your words with your first name and age, and the town or area you live in.
By sending in your story or opinion, you are granting Common Purpose copyright of the piece and permission to use, modify, copy, distribute or publish part or all of any such piece. You promise that you are able to give Common Purpose the right to publish the story or opinion, that it is your own work and does not contain any other person's work and is not copied from another work; and that the story or opinion does not contain anything that is defamatory of other people or is otherwise illegal.
In addition to any details that you submit on a form or send us, information is automatically retrieved, for example on browsing patterns through the site. This is used only in statistical form; no individual user is identified. This data allows Common Purpose to analyse how many people are coming to the site, how often and to what sections, and helps us to provide a more relevant service.
The contents of this site are only for general information purposes:
- Common Purpose does not guarantee the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or usefulness of, or otherwise adopt or endorse, any information or services provided by this website. Neither can we guarantee that any information or services are still current or applicable.
- Neither Common Purpose nor any of its subsidiaries, agents or representatives shall be liable to you or any third party for loss or injury arising out of the information on this site or any actions taken or not taken in response to any information on this site or your use of (or inability to use) this site.
- Common Purpose makes no warranty that the contents of this site are free from infection by viruses or anything else which has contaminating or destructive properties.
- Certain links on the site lead to resources located on servers maintained by third parties over whom Common Purpose has no control. Common Purpose accepts no responsibility or liability for any of the material contained on those servers.
- Common Purpose does not guarantee that this site will be available, uninterrupted or error-free. If a fault occurs, please report the fault by telephone, email or in writing to Common Purpose. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the following address: Marketing, Common Purpose, Discovery House, 28-42 Banner Street, London EC1Y 8QE or call +44 (0)20 7608 8100.
- Common Purpose is not responsible for unauthorised access to, or alteration of, users' material or data.
- Common Purpose is not responsible for any material or data sent, using the services of this site, by any third party.
- Common Purpose is not liable for any direct or indirect cost, damage or expense of any nature whatsoever arising out of the use of information or services provided by this site.
- Common Purpose is not responsible for any threatening, defamatory, obscene, offensive or illegal information or use of the site's services by any other party.
- Content posted to the website by users is not covered by the Chatham House Rule of confidentiality. All such content is directly and publicly attributed to the user.
You agree that Common Purpose may stop your use of the site if Common Purpose believes for any reason that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the terms and conditions of use of this site.
You agree to indemnify Common Purpose for any claim by, or damage, to any third party arising out of your use of the information or services provided by this site. You must tell Common Purpose immediately if anyone makes or threatens to make any claim or issue legal proceedings against you relating to your use of the website and you will, at Common Purpose's request, immediately stop the act or acts complained of. If Common Purpose asks you to, you must confirm the details of the claim(s) in writing.
Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law and you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Variation of Terms and Conditions
Common Purpose may modify the Terms and Conditions at any time, such modifications becoming effective immediately upon either posting of the modified Terms and Conditions on this site or notification of them to you. By continuing to use the website following any such modification you will be deemed to accept such modification.