In partnership with Diageo, we chose the city of Shanghai to launch our pilot Frontrunner course in China in October 2012.
Participants on the course will:
- Meet international employers, speak to and learn from experienced leaders
- Understand what it means to lead & learn to work in a team
- Consult on real-life business challenges & test your leadership skills through applied practice
- Build their CV and skills for your career
'Diageo is the world's leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of beverage alcohol brands across spirits, wine and beer categories. These brands include: Smirnoff, Johnnie Walker, Windsor, Guinness, Baileys, etc. Trading in approximately 180 markets, we employ over 25,000 talented people around the world with offices in 80 countries. The company is listed on the London Stock Exchange (DGE) and the New York Stock Exchange (DEO). Diageo set up its Greater China hub (Mainland China, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau) in Shanghai in 2002. It employs over 200 local talents with offices in Shanghai, Beijing, Chengdu, Shenzhen and Guangzhou. For more information of Diageo China, please check: www.diageochina.com'
Over three days they explored leadership - moving their understanding beyond models and working with individuals who are leading in various organisations in Shanghai. They even had the chance to test their own skills as they tackle some of the challenges faced by these local leaders.
Additionally they spent time with peers learning about and debating what it means to be a leader. They contemplated how life experiences and culture have influenced their ideas. They had a chance to explore how they can be a more effective leader.
- Lin Menuhin, Corporate Relations Director, Diageo
- Maggie Yang, Innovation Actor, CBN Weekly
- Qilan Shen, Chief Editor of Arts, Shanghai Insight Media
- Chris Lu, Director for Government Relations, Diageo
- Sharon Tang, Head of Corporate Communications, Bayer
- Lilly Liang, HR Director, Diageo
- Matthew Chiang, General Manager HR, Bank of East Asia
- Anna Zhou, Manager of Arts Education, Shanghai Culture Square
- Jonathan Ni, Vice General Manager, Shanghai UBM SINOEXPO
- Olivia Hu, Advertising Director, Financial Times
- Chris Davies, Deputy CEO, HSBC
- Clare Lu, HR Director, PwC
- Stephanie Zhang, Principal Planner, Arup
- Joy Zeng, HR Solutions Manager, Diageo